ICT Honours Thesis (Part A) H (6cp) (9827.2)
|Level:||Undergraduate Honours Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Dat TRAN (Ph: +61 2 62012394 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Dat TRAN (Ph: +61 2 62012394 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Girija CHETTY (Ph: +61 2 62012512 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 DR Girija CHETTY (Ph: +61 2 62012512 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (195699) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193353) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185465) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185091) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182144) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182145) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166046) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165760) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (152258) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154134) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148495) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will undertake supervised research work towards a thesis. A student will define a research question based on the application of appropriate theoretical frameworks, undertake a review of previous research in the area, propose solutions to the research question, carry out relevant research investigation and experiments, and then analyse the material in a competent manner.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate skills and understanding of the research field;
2. Apply theoretical frameworks to research problems;
3. Identify the latest development of the research work in the relevant field;
4. Define and frame a research problem; and
5. Exhibit a good command of communication skills in a research environment.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
Inf. Sc. Research Proposal H, 6799, and ICT and Engineering Research Methods, 9826.
Inf. Sc. Honours Thesis H 9cp (3cp), 7062.