Engineering Thesis 2 (6cp) (9825.2)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148421) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is for the Honours students in Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering. Unless a permission is given, a student should combine this unit with Engineering Thesis 1. In this unit, students will undertake supervised research work towards a thesis in the Engineering discipline. A student will work on a research question based on the application of appropriate theoretical frameworks, review the state of the art, propose solutions to the research question, undertake relevant research investigation and experiments, analyse and interpret the results and present the research outcomes to a diverse audience.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Apply research methods suitable to the engineering discipline;
2. Synthesise theoretical and technical knowledge to propose solutions to complex engineering problems;
3. Conduct research with academic rigor;
4. Interpret research findings;
5. Present research outcomes to diverse audiences; and
6. Demonstrate a good command of communication skills to transmit knowledge, skills and ideas to others.
Engineering Thesis 1 (6cp), 9824.