Engineering Thesis 1 (6cp) (9824.2)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
This unit is for the Honours students in Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering. Unless a permission is given, a student should combine this unit with Engineering Thesis 2. In this unit, students will undertake supervised research work towards a research thesis. A student will define a research question based on the application of appropriate theoretical frameworks, undertake a review of previous research in the area, propose solutions to the research question, carry out relevant research investigation and experiments, and then analyse the material in a competent manner.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate skills and understanding of the research field;
2. Apply theoretical frameworks to research problems;
3. Identify the latest development of the research work in the relevant field;
4. Define and frame a research problem; and
5. Exhibit a good command of communication skills in a research environment.
Complete 72 credit points of the Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering with GPA = 5.00 or above.