Research and Professional Practice Part B (9814.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Winter Term MR Billy MASON (Ph: +61 2 62015432 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Semester 2 MR Billy MASON (Ph: +61 2 62015432 ) INTERNPLCE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (197445) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (188424) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (180211) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (180633) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (164366) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (164562) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is a continuation of Research and Professional Practice Part A (9813). It involves ongoing industry placement which will enable students to achieve competency in the skills and attributes including exercise assessment, prescription and delivery, professional behaviour, decision making and reasoning and communication in line with Exercise Sports Science Australia (ESSA) accreditation requirements. In addition, continuing on from the development of the research proposal in 9813, students will undertake the research project and communicate their findings appropriate to an academic audience.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Execute a research project to a professional standard acceptable in their field of study;
2. Communicate the results of the research project in a form acceptable to the field of study;
3. Communicate effectively and efficiently and demonstrate consistent professional behaviour; and
4. Gain professional industry experience relevant to Exercise Science Practicum requirements.
1 hour lecture per week, independent study related to your research project.
9813 Research and Professional Practice Part A (6cp)
8185 Sport Research and Practice Part A AND
8186 Sport Research and Practice Part B AND
8183 Special Sport Studies Part A AND
8184 Special Sport Studies Part B.
- 266JA Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation
- HLB301 Bachelor of Pharmacy
- 202JA Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- 275JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- 274JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- 276JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- 277JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 278JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Sports Management
- 688AA Bachelor of Sports Management