Research and Professional Practice Part A (6cp) (9813.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 1 MR Billy MASON (Ph: +61 2 62015432 ) INTERNPLCE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2021, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (200478) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (197440) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (189182) - View
- Winter Term, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (180631) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (179933) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (164070) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit involves industry placement which will give students the opportunity to learn and demonstrate competency in the generic skills and attributes necessary for exercise professionals. Students will apply the theory, understanding and skills developed in their previous study to their professional practice. Placement hours achieved in this unit will contribute to the total hours required for Exercise Sports Science Australia (ESSA) accreditation (Exercise Science). In addition to placement, students will critique and interpret exercise related research literature and subsequently develop a proposal for a research project. The proposed research project will be undertaken in Part B of this unit (9814), necessitating the completion of both 9813 and 9814 in the same calendar year.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically review literature in an exercise related field;
2. Design a research proposal based on the review of the literature;
3. Evaluation and interpretation of client information as it pertains to exercise assessment, prescription and delivery;
4. Communicate effectively and efficiently and demonstrate consistent professional behaviour; and
5. Gain professional industry experience relevant to Exercise Science Practicum requirements.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2021
- Semester 1, 2020
2 hours of lectures per week, 1 hour of tutorial per week.
Successful completion of 48 credit points AND
6835 Biomechanics 2 AND 8392 Physiology of Exercise 2 AND 9812 Exercise Programming and Prescription 2
OR permission required from the unit convener
Must be enrolled in 274JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science or 266JA Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation.
Statistics, data analysis.
8185 Sport Research and Practice Part A AND
8186 Sport Research and Practice Part B AND
8183 Special Sport Studies Part A AND
8184 Special Sport Studies Part B.
Work Integrated Learning
Placement and Internship
- 266JA Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation
- HLB301 Bachelor of Pharmacy
- 202JA Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- 275JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- 274JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- 276JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- 277JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 278JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Sports Management
- 688AA Bachelor of Sports Management