Exercise Programming and Prescription 2 (9812.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Nick BALL (Ph: +61 2 62012419 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (188438) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (180229) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164384) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151551) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148360) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of strength and conditioning. Students will demonstrate their ability to design and implement appropriate exercise programs consistent with athlete development models and established evidence-based practice. Students will be able to teach correct technique during fundamental strength and conditioning exercises with consideration of the individual participant and any contraindications. Advanced exercise prescription as it pertains to an elite athlete population will be taught, incorporating Students are eligible to apply for Strength and Conditioning accreditation through the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association on successful completion of this unit.
On successful completion of this unit, students will able to:
1. Implement appropriate exercise programs to maximise individual performance adaptations;
2. Teach various exercises and movement skills safely and using appropriate coaching frameworks; and
3. Design annual and lesson plans appropriate to a broad range of athletic participants.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
2 hours of lectures and a 2 hour practical class per week.
9811 Exercise Programming and Prescription 1.
- 266JA Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation
- HLB101 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- HLHL01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- HLMG01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Sports Management
- SCHL01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- 275JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- 274JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- 277JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology