Exercise Programming and Prescription 1 (9811.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 APRF Andrew MCKUNE (Ph: +61 2 62012122 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 APRF Andrew MCKUNE (Ph: +61 2 62012122 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193241) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189196) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179947) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164071) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154659) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148358) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Students will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of exercise prescription as it pertains to a general population. Students will demonstrate their ability to design and implement appropriate exercise programs based on appropriate assessments and needs analysis of the client and established evidence-based practice. Students will be able to teach correct technique during foundation movements found with exercise programs including resistance exercise and flexibility. Students will be taught underpinning principles to program for strength, gains, weight management and management of group fitness sessions with consideration of the individual participant and any contraindications.
On successful completion of this unit, students will able to:
1. Implement and design appropriate exercise programs to enhance physical fitness in a general population; and
2. Teach foundation exercises and movement skills safely and using appropriate coaching frameworks.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 1, 2015
2 hours of lectures and a 2 hour practical class per week.
6534 Regional Anatomy and Physiology OR
9808 Regional Anatomy and Physiology.
8380 Physiological Exercise Mechanisms and Conditioning AND
8911 Exercise Programming and Prescription.
8380 Physiological Exercise Mechanisms and Conditioning AND 8911 Exercise Programming and Prescription
- 266JA Bachelor of Exercise Physiology and Rehabilitation
- HLB101 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- HLHL01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- HLMG01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Sports Management
- SCHL01 Bachelor of Science in Psychology/ Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)
- 275JA Bachelor of Science in Psychology/Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- 274JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
- 276JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Human Nutrition
- 277JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 278JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Sports Management