Education Project Design PG (9797.2)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UCI - Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 2 DR David PATERSON (Ph: +61 2 62068848 ) INTENSIVE 2021 Teaching Period 2 DR David PATERSON (Ph: +61 2 62068848 ) INTENSIVE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 3, 2018, INTENSIVE, HANGZHOU (182808) - View
- UC Term 2, 2017, INTENSIVE, HANGZHOU (166621) - View
- UC Term 4, 2015, INTENSIVE, HANGZHOU (148141) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will introduce students to the process of designing a project and will include relevant research skills in education settings such as literature reviews, context and needs analysis, action research and ways to collect and analyze both quantitative and qualitative data. As part of the unit students will work as individuals or in small teams to design a plan for their project to be completed in the final capstone unit Education Research Project.
On successful completion of this unit, students will have:
1. Demonstrated an understanding of the place of educational research in professional practice and the range of ways to investigate professional and workplace issues;
2. Identified and described a project that will investigate a contemporary issue of relevance to their professional setting;
3. Researched and reviewed literature and programs relevant to the project;
4. Designed a project that uses appropriate research methods; and
5. Written a formal and detailed planning proposal.
20 hours Intensive face-to-face block plus on-line learning and 2 callback ( tutorial) days.