Educational Futures and Global Communication PG (9795.2)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UCI - Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Teaching Period 3 DR Ann HILL (Ph: ) INTENSIVE 2021 Teaching Period 3 DR Ann HILL (Ph: ) INTENSIVE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 2, 2019, INTENSIVE, HANGZHOU (187036) - View
- UC Term 4, 2017, INTENSIVE, HANGZHOU (166655) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will enable students to identify global educational trends and challenges in the twenty first century and develop skills that will enable them to link them into global education networks. Students will identify the ways these global forces are reshaping their own educational environments and practices. They will present constructive responses to varying perspectives utilising both verbal and written communication in the English language. To enhance competence in international communication, the students will critically evaluate the communication and educational affordances of global digital technologies and media.
On successful completion of this unit, students will have:
1. Explored current trends and future challenges for international education networks through engagement with contemporary international literature;
2. Demonstrated a critical understanding of how interconnected global forces are changing educators' roles and responsibilities;
3. Identified how their own educational environments and practices are being reshaped by global influences; and
4. Demonstrated their improvement in both verbal and written English communication competency.
- UCI - Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou
20 hours Intensive face-to-face block plus on-line learning and 2 callback ( tutorial) days.