Comparative and International Education PG (9794.2)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 5, 2019, INTENSIVE, HANGZHOU (187035) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191989) - View
- Teaching Period 3, 2018, INTENSIVE, HANGZHOU (182809) - View
- UC Term 2, 2017, INTENSIVE, HANGZHOU (166620) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit reviews major debates, theories and movements in comparative and international education. It introduces comparative and international studies that have led to educational development and change in different parts of the world. It will help students to critically assess and understand international and comparative education concepts. These include globalisation, the international education market, the role of international organisations, the structure and content of comparative and internationalised policy and curriculum.
1. Upon successful completion of the unit, the students will have: Displayed understanding of concepts and theoretical perspectives in comparative and international education;
2. Explored educational developments and reforms in a broad range of educational contexts;
3. Critically examined market-based orientations to education, internationalised curriculum, and transnational mobility;
4. Compared and contrasted educational systems, demonstrating an understanding of the role of international organisations, policies, and international assessment practices; and
5. Critically analysed the comparative approaches in education with particular reference to the student?s own professional environment.
- UC - Canberra, Bruce
UCI - Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou
- Teaching Period 5, 2019
- Teaching Period 3, 2018
20 hours Intensive face-to-face block plus on-line learning and 2 callback ( tutorial) days.