Leading Organisational Change in Education PG (9793.2)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Teaching Period 5, 2019, INTENSIVE, HANGZHOU (192389) - View
- Teaching Period 2, 2018, INTENSIVE, HANGZHOU (182807) - View
- UC Term 2, 2015, INTENSIVE, HANGZHOU (148138) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will introduce students to the processes that support positive change in educational organisations. Through the exploration of theories and concepts influencing leadership and management within a variety of learning environments, the unit will focus upon the implementation of change; that is, the putting of ideas successfully into practice through effective leadership and management, dealing with the meanings of leading change from various perspectives, and leading change as cultural transformation. Factors that support or inhibit change in educational organisations and the roles played by leaders, managers and groups involved in change processes will be examined. Students will be encouraged to apply knowledge and insights gained from conceptual writings and research findings to examples of change in their particular professional settings.
1. Upon successful completion of the unit, students will have: Critiqued leadership and management roles and approaches as positive agents of change in educational organisations through engagement with contemporary international literature;
2. Demonstrated an understanding of concepts and models of change for the facilitation of educational development;
3. Investigated the impact that various perspectives of change may have on leadership and management capability and organisational development; and
4. Applied knowledge and insights gained from the literature to investigate examples of leading change and development in particular professional settings.
UCI - Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou
- Teaching Period 5, 2019
- Teaching Period 2, 2018
20 hours Intensive face-to-face block plus on-line learning and 2 callback (tutorial) days.