Contemporary IT & E Issues PG (9787.3)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 MS Rosetta ROMANO (Ph: +61 2 62012604 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (185468) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182162) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (170107) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (151420) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (147446) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit aims towards developing a solid and high level understanding and appreciation of key contemporary issues and trends of ICT. Particular emphasis will be placed on ICT issues and trends that have a major impact on the organisation. Topics covered under this unit include: 1. Current status and trends of ICT, 2. Business value of ICT - ICT and business alignment, 3. ICT Governance, 4. P3M3 - Portfolio, Program and Project management, 5. Service delivery - issues and approaches, 6. Technological trends: Cloud computing, Big data, 7. Consumerisation of ICT - mobility device and applications, 8. Social media - impact and opportunities and the future of ICT organisations. Guest lectures and group projects with hands-on exercises will be used to enhance student-learning experience.
This unit will be co-taught with Contemporary IT&E Issues 9788.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explore the key issues and challenges facing ICT today and relate those issues in a modern organisation;
2. Synthesize the holistic and integrated nature of ICT trends and opportunities and apply the understanding in a work environment;
3. Critically appraise the business values of ICT, assess and prioritise ICT solutions and formulate strategies and plans to meet business requirements;
4. Evaluate and assess the risks of key ICT trends and be able to develop high level approaches and strategies to manage the risks; and
5. Adapt and generalise the lessons learnt and apply knowledge acquired in similar work situations.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 2, 2019
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2019
Up to 3 hours per week, consisting of 2 hour Lecture and 1 hour Tutorial.
Must have completed 18 credit points at G or PG level.
Students enrolled in 846AA Master of Information Technology must have completed 9 credit points at G or PG level.
Basic knowledge and understanding of Information Communications and Technology.