Multi-disciplinary Response to Figure - Portrait (9765.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 Ms Jo D'HAGE (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (195419) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQEC-NAM (190865) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (190867) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (178310) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQN-TOWNSV (172365) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQEC-NAM (172364) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (164667) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (147149) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (147769) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit investigates the topic of the figure - portrait in modern art practice. Students will appraise a diverse range of historical and contemporary resources that reference cultural responses to the figure - portrait. They will relate the critical comprehension of this research to their own practice and working methods.
A sound understanding of this unit will allow the student to address and adhere to major cultural themes in both their research and practical work.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Appraise a diverse range of historical and contemporary resources that reference cultural response to the figure portrait;
2. Relate the critical comprehension of research to practice and working methods;
3. Select and apply media and techniques to match personal concepts;
4. Plan and create resolved artworks that demonstrate an informed and considered response to the figure portrait; and
5. Employ communication skills in an academic and/or creative context.
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- UC - TAFE Queensland, Nambour
4 hours per week