Artist as Curator (9759.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - TAFE Queensland, Nambour
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Summer Semester Ms Ulrike STURM (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 Dr John DAHLSEN (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (194407) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (191424) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQN-TOWNSV (183410) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQEC-NAM (183411) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (176275) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (165385) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (147467) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit explores the role of the curator and curatorial skills for artists in the Visual Arts. The unit involves the analysis of curatorial projects, their contexts, funding and frameworks for employment - engagement. Students will be able select appropriate project types to suit their personal interests and their skills base. They will learn to evaluate existing professional benchmarks to assist in the development of a project proposals and plans. A sound understanding of this unit will allow the student to develop group opportunities and professional contexts for their practice in the Visual Arts sector.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse curatorial projects, their contexts, funding and frameworks for employment - engagement opportunities;
2. Evaluate existing professional benchmarks to assist in the development of a project proposal and plan;
3. Devise and compose a project plan that adheres to industry standards working with group dynamics;
4. Assemble an exhibition based on the project plan that adheres to industry standards working with group dynamics; and
5. Employ communication skills in an academic and/or creative context.
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
3 hours per week.