Performance: Exploring Originality (9742.4)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 Mr Rafe SHOLER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 2 Mr Rafe SHOLER (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (191385) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQG-CO (165497) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (165092) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (162623) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit prepares the student for work as a unique, yet commercially successful performer. It focuses on analytical study of mass music appeal and experimentation within established musical stylistic conventions. It expands the student's understanding of verbal and non-verbal communication, image and imagery, group expression, the use of space and choreography. It also focuses on the practical implementation of musical elements designed to influence an audience.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Develop and perform an originals set in collaboration with others;
2. Implement group expression techniques;
3. List technical requirements for group, public performance; and
4. Review and analyse own performance.
5 hours per week.