Creative Life (9701.3)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (194327) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQG-CO (191315) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQEC-NAM (191316) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (191314) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQN-TOWNSV (176322) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQG-CO (176320) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQEC-NAM (176321) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (176319) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQN-TOWNSV (172348) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQG-CO (163204) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQEC-NAM (172347) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (163203) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (154078) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (147084) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Before the student can embark on a creative career there are some key questions which need answering. What is creativity? Where does it come from? Is creativity an unpredictable, transient state or can it be purposefully induced? How will a creative life likely differ from the norm?
This unit aims to focus the student on the exploration of creativity from the inside out; to delve into the student's own creative processes and expectations of a life in the creative industries, while exploring creativity and inspiration from an objective viewpoint, by examining creativity from both Western and Eastern perspectives through the lives and careers of influential creative mentors.
The unit introduces the student to academic research processes and practices, which align with self-exploration and reflection, clarifying a clear goal towards a fulfilling and successful creative career.
In this way this unit is the precursor to The Creative Career core unit.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify and describe personal career aspirations;
2. Review the creative life of an influential artist/professional, to discover sources of inspiration and creative methodologies;
3. Identify motivational, inspirational and creative techniques;
4. Relate career aspirations to career alternatives; and
5. Employ communication skills in an academic and/or creative context.
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
- UC - TAFE Queensland, Nambour
- UC - TAFE Queensland, Coomera
3 hours per week