International Business PG (9694.2)
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
UCI - East China University of Science & Technology Shanghai
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 MBA Trimester 1 DR John HAWKINS (Ph: +61 2 62068363 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Sarah YU (Ph: +61 2 62015468 ) EVENING 2020 Winter Term DR Sarah YU (Ph: +61 2 62015468 ) INTENSIVE
UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 MBA Trimester 2 DR Sarah YU (Ph: +61 2 62015468 ) ON-CAMPUS
UCI - Royal Institute of Management, Bhutan
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 MBA Trimester 3 (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- MBA Trimester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, NINGBO (203186) - View
- Winter Term, 2020, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (203229) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, EVENING, BRUCE (193825) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, EVENING, BRUCE (191708) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides an overview of the field of international business, examining the environment faced by international firms in the context of an increasingly globalised political, social, economic, and technological system. Topics examined include the role of national policies, cultures and business law on firms operating internationally; the evolution of international markets in goods, services, and capital; and global mechanisms for coordinating trade, investment and finance. These topics will all be related back to practices used by international firms including their strategies and organisational design, foreign market entry modes, and internal control and management systems. Discussion of current events and business thinking will constitute a major and ongoing lens for study of the material.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Analyse current developments in theory and practice in the field of International Business (IB).
2. Critically assess concepts and ideas from the IB field and apply them in a public and private policy and management context
3. Evaluate and apply strategic thinking to formulate corporate strategy at the firm level and link to the achievement of concrete international competitive advantage
4. Identify and assess the factors relating to the global firm within global systems of trade and investment
5. Conduct systematic assessments, grounded in relevant theory and practice, of international business opportunities, with an ability to communicate insights and results to specialist and non-specialist audiences
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Winter Term, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- UCI - Ningbo University, Ningbo
3 hours per week.
11204 Introduction to International Business
- 723AA Master of Business Administration
- 723AL Master of Business Administration (Bhutan)
- 723AE Master of Business Administration (Ningbo)
- MGM102 Master of Business Administration (Plus)
- 723AF Master of Business Administration (Shanghai)
- 284JA Master of Business Management
- MGM401 Master of International Business