Creative Practice Research PG (9683.3)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Sam HINTON (Ph: +61 2 62015090 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 DR Sam HINTON (Ph: +61 2 62015090 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198921) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (172308) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, RESEARCH, BRUCE (154442) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit develops advanced knowledge and skills pertinent to research conducted by creative practitioners such as writers and designers. Students study the research framework, research paradigms, and the logic of ethical, experimental and epistemological research. Students develop skills in practice-led research techniques, formative thinking, and high-level reflective and critical practice.
On successful completion of the unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a deep understanding of the research field and the assumptions underpinning the main research paradigms;
2. Formulate and analyse a research question and synthesise a research plan incorporating research methods suited to creative practice;
3. Demonstrate high level critical and analytical skills with regard to both creative practice and research appropriate to creative practice; and
4. Reflect critically and objectively on their own work.
6 hours per week.
Admission to the Master of Applied Arts and Design or permission of the unit convener.
8903 Cultural Research G.
7537 Creative Research Theory and Practice PG.