Level 1 Film Project (9673.2)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178334) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164692) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (162495) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139021) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students develop the skills of a creative practice in film production. Students will produce a filmic essay on a given topic, using a mixture of image, video, text, and sound. Students are expected to work in small groups as they develop and produce their individual projects.
The emphasis in this unit is not just the final production, but how students, individually and collaboratively, came to develop, film and complete their filmic essay.
Students taking this unit will have successfully completed Reading the Screenplay, and come with a revised Treatment from that unit, ready to form groups and begin production.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of film production as a creative practice;
2. Demonstrate the ability to work independent of others in pursuit of a collaborative production; and
3. Manage and develop a workflow for a small project.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
3 hours per week.
9672 Reading the Screenplay.