Short Film Production (9671.3)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (191300) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (176278) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176279) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (173128) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165206) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154077) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (139023) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students in small groups will produce short drama productions. From scripting and pre-production through to filming and post-production, students explore the collaborative environment of short film Production.
Whilst considering the broad structure of a film crew this unit concentrates on two key themes.
Firstly the unit looks at the methodologies and creative challenges of directing actors in a live action film production. Working with professional actors in studio-based drama productions, students explore the creative relationships and tensions between the script, the actor, the director, and the camera.
Secondly the unit considers the technical demands of a short film production from a Production Management perspective. The unit concentrates on the operational and logistical challenges of turning a script into a film.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically assess and evaluate different forms, styles and genres of drama production;
2. Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively in small creative teams, demonstrating advanced problem solving necessary to produce short drama productions;
3. Demonstrate a practical understanding of preproduction in the film making process; and
4. Demonstrate the ability to reflect upon and analyse the director actor relationship.
3 hours per week.
7880 Introduction to Cinematography.
7885 Drama Production.
7885 Drama Production.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 992AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 301JA Bachelor of Film Production
- 998AA Bachelor of Information Technology / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 985AA Bachelor of Media Arts and Production