Education and Learning in Clinical Contexts PG (9660.3)
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nursing|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 PROF Patrick CROOKES (Ph: +61 2 62012711 ) ONLINE 2021 Semester 2 PROF Patrick CROOKES (Ph: +61 2 62012711 ) ONLINE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (191845) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (180338) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (164438) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (150710) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (138582) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The focus of this unit is education, learning, and professional and practice development in healthcare contexts. Students will examine how adults learn in clinical settings. They will also assess the learning needs of novices, together with the professional and practice development needs of more experienced health professionals, in the context of differing scopes of practice, and professional and competency standards. Students will then apply their learning by developing and initiating evidence-based strategies to support the life-long learning and development of all members of the multidisciplinary team, from novices to experts, in healthcare settings.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically appraise the principles of adult learning as they apply in practice-base healthcare settings;
2. Discuss how to assess the learning needs of novices, as well as the on-going professional and practice development needs of experienced health professionals; and
3. Develop, implement and assess strategies to support the learning and development of all members of the multidisciplinary team, from the novices through to experts.