Business and Management in Context G (9637.3)
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Johra FATIMA (Ph: +61 2 62068361 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 2 DR Johra FATIMA (Ph: +61 2 62068361 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197919) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (197915) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190358) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190355) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (167172) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (155487) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, EVENING, BRUCE (145232) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides a broad social, economic and ethical context for the study of business and management and focuses on issues faced by managers. It will contribute to your knowledge of society, your ability to relate to a diverse and changing society and to your understanding of the interrelationships between business and society.
The unit will also develop a range of enterprise skills and attributes necessary for careers in business and management. It relies strongly on a case study approach to learning to equip you with knowledge and skills which you can apply to fluid, and often ambiguous, work environments.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically review and evaluate contemporary theories of management
2. Apply concepts, theories, skills and experience to complex contemporary business problems and propose solutions demonstrating initiative, responsibility, accountability, creativity and reflective practice
3. Identify, analyse and apply ethical and social responsibility issues and concerns in a management and professional context.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 1, 2020
3 hours per week, with delivery Evening or Intensive.
11174 Introduction to Management, 4207 Introduction to Management.