International Business Study Tour (9628.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 3 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 4 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 5 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Summer Semester, 2018/19, PROJECT, BRUCE (190779) - View
- Summer Semester, 2017/18, PROJECT, BRUCE (182856) - View
- Winter Term, 2017, PROJECT, BRUCE (167818) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, PROJECT, BRUCE (163063) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (152530) - View
- Summer Semester 2015/16, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (156224) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is designed to expose students to the international business arena and experience the cultural aspects of an overseas country through a Business, Government & Law faculty led student study tour. While in the country students will research, visit businesses and study a range of topics relevant to both the global environment and competitive strategy of international business.
It is anticipated that the study tour will be hosted by a renowned university in the city/country where the study tour will take place in conjunction with a Business, Government & Law academic, who will co-ordinate the study tour.
Students will be eligible to apply for financial assistance through OS-Help loans (assuming they have obtained at least 24 credit points toward their degree) and Government grants where applicable e.g. the Colombo Plan.
On completion of this unit and in the country where the study tour takes place students will be able to:
1. Conduct market investigations and research into local & international businesses;
2. Gain exposure to leading entrepreneurs, their practices and business acumen;
3. Visit word-class industries;
4. Research cultural underpinnings of the city/country where the host university is located;
5. Participate in off shore tertiary classes as well as collaborate with students and academics in the host countrys learning institution;
6. Understand the relationships between international trade theories and actual professional practice in another country through self-directed learning;
7. Working individually and in groups communicate their international experience both orally and in written form, with confidence and clarity; and
8. Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills including creativity, initiative, critical thinking, adaptability, leadership, and resourcefulness.
This practical work integrated learning unit is a Business, Government & Law faculty led study tour in an overseas country and hence requires strict adherence to professional practice principles and ethics.
Permission of the unit convenor.
- MGB001 Bachelor of Accounting
- MGB101 Bachelor of Business (Entrepreneurship & Innovation)
- MGB103 Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
- MGB104 Bachelor of Business (International Business)
- MGB105 Bachelor of Business (Management)
- MGB106 Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- MGB107 Bachelor of Business (Service Management)
- MGB108 Bachelor of Business (Sport Management)
- MGB201 Bachelor of Business Administration
- MGAR03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Arts
- MGIT03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Business Informatics
- MGAR01 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- MGSC03 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Laws
- MGSC02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- MGAR02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Design
- MGIT02 Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGB305 Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance)
- MGB301 Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- MGB302 Bachelor of Commerce (Business Economics)
- MGB303 Bachelor of Commerce (Finance and Banking)
- MGB304 Bachelor of Commerce (Financial Planning)
- MGIT01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Information Technology
- MGSC01 Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws
- HLMG01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Sports Management
- SCB201 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations
- SCMG01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Business
- SCAR01 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Communication and Media
- SCSC02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Laws
- SCSC03 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- SCAR02 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/ Bachelor of Arts
- SCAR04 Bachelor of Politics and International Relations/Bachelor of Design
- SCB301 Bachelor of Social and Economic Policy (Economic Policy)
- SCB302 Bachelor of Social and Economic Policy (Sociology)
- MGMG01 Bachelor of Sports Management/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management