Introduction to Research Methods in Psychology (9624.1)
|Level:||Level 1 - Undergraduate Introductory Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Pg Clinical Psychology) Band 2 2021 (Prof Pathway Psychology-After 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Prof Pathway Psychology-Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Standard Course Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Standard Course Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Psychology|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- MBA Trimester 3, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, LIFE (180858) - View
- UC Term 4, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, LIFE (164641) - View
- UC Term 4, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, LIFE (163177) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, LIFE (141007) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will be introduced to the research methods used in psychology. The unit covers: the research process, experimental and quasi-experimental methods; survey and correlational research; qualitative research; hypothesis testing; measurement; sampling and distributions; descriptive statistics; and statistical inference in terms of test and correlation.
On completion of this unit, students will:
1. Have a foundational understanding of the major types of research methods used in psychology and the advantages and disadvantages of each;
2. Be aware of some of the issues affecting the validity of research designs; and
3. Be able to produce and interpret descriptive statistics, t-test and correlation.
UCI - Lingnan Institute for Further Education, Hong Kong
- MBA Trimester 3, 2018
- UC Term 4, 2017
- UC Term 4, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Up to 4 hours per week.
4309 Psychology 101 OR 11399 Understanding People and Behaviour AND
4310 Psychology 102 OR 10444 Foundations of Psychology
Enrolment in Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Counselling.