Fundamentals of Social Psychology (9621.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Pg Clinical Psychology) Band 2 2021 (Prof Pathway Psychology-After 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Prof Pathway Psychology-Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Standard Course Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Standard Course Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Psychology|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- MBA Trimester 3, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, LIFE (184974) - View
- UC Term 4, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, LIFE (164638) - View
- UC Term 4, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, LIFE (163174) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, LIFE (136858) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces students to the key theoretical developments in the field, research methodologies, and applications to current social issues. Topics include: History of Social Psychology; Methodologies; Attitudes and Behaviour; Social Cognition; Group Processes; Social Influence; Prejudice and Stereotyping; Aggression; Pro-Social Behaviour; Interpersonal Relationships; and Applied Social Psychology.
On completion of this unit, students will be:
1. Familiar with key concepts and theories in social psychology; and
2. Able to apply social-psychological theories and research to understand a wide range of human social behaviour.
UCI - Lingnan Institute for Further Education, Hong Kong
- MBA Trimester 3, 2018
- UC Term 4, 2017
- UC Term 4, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Up to 4 hours per week.
4309 Psychology 101 OR 11399 Understanding People and Behaviour AND
4310 Psychology 102 OR 10444 Foundations of Psychology
Enrolment in Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Counselling.