Developmental and Lifespan Psychology (9618.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 1 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 1 2021 (Pg Clinical Psychology) Band 2 2021 (Prof Pathway Psychology-After 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Prof Pathway Psychology-Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 2 2021 (Standard Course Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021) Band 4 2021 (Standard Course Commenced After 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Psychology|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- MBA Trimester 3, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, LIFE (180854) - View
- UC Term 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, LIFE (164635) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, LIFE (136855) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit, students will be introduced to human development from a lifespan perspective. The course of development from conception to old age is explored with reference to both traditional and contemporary theories and research. The unit covers the major theories, methodologies, research and applications related to human cognitive, social, emotional and physical development across the lifespan.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
1. Have a foundational understanding of human development and the psychological processes underlying it;
2. Be aware of the major developmental theories and their strengths and shortcomings; and
3. Be aware of the impact of context and culture on human development.
UCI - Lingnan Institute for Further Education, Hong Kong
- MBA Trimester 3, 2018
- UC Term 1, 2017
- Semester 1, 2015
Up to 4 hours per week.
4309 Psychology 101 OR 11399 Understanding People and Behaviour AND
4310 Psychology 102 OR 10444 Foundations of Psychology
Enrolment in Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Counselling.