Sport Informatics and Analytics PG (9612.2)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Jocelyn MARA (Ph: +61 2 62015929 ) ONLINE 2021 Semester 2 DR Jocelyn MARA (Ph: +61 2 62015929 ) ONLINE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (188459) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (189215) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (180254) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (179970) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (164576) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (164105) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (154785) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit provides a critical insight into strategies to collect, record, aggregate, synthesise and present performance data. The unit adopts a thematic approach to: observing, monitoring and analysing performance; transforming coaching practice; and data presentation and sharing. The unit explores in detail the role informatics and analytics will play in optimising performance.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate the techniques used to observe, record and analyse performance in sport training and competition environments;
2. Appraise evidence-based practice in sport informatics and analytics and apply knowledge of best practice to their own sports contexts; and
3. Select and apply the appropriate analytical techniques and methods to anticipate and develop opportunities to transform sports performance.
Online participation of 4 hours per week.
Basic IT skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent.