Research Project in Health PG (9592.4)
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Faculty of Health|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 PROF Jennie SCARVELL (Ph: +61 2 62068710 ) ONLINE 2019 Semester 2 PROF Jennie SCARVELL (Ph: +61 2 62068710 ) ONLINE 2020 Semester 1 PROF Jennie SCARVELL (Ph: +61 2 62068710 ) ONLINE 2020 Semester 2 PROF Jennie SCARVELL (Ph: +61 2 62068710 ) ONLINE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (188466) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (188543) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (180267) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (176120) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (164310) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (163997) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (152085) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (155179) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (149711) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (148145) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will undertake applied health research that can be individualised to suit interests and clinical specialty, or undertaken as a group project. The research conducted may cover activities that address issues relating to basic health sciences, health outcomes, health care, professional practice or delivery of health services. Research will be conducted in accordance with principles of evidence-based health care . This unit encourages a multidisciplinary approach between students from different disciplines. It provides real-world research experience and develops skills in project management, data collection, data analysis and interpretation, effective communication, problem solving and critical thinking. Students are expected to work both independently and closely with a supervisor(s).
Upon successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Conduct a defined research project either as an individual or as part of a team, based on a specific research question;
2. Demonstrate competence in applying appropriate methods to the research process; and
3. Communicate the results of the research in a form appropriate to the discipline area (e.g. original research paper, review, or practice based publication).
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
Two hours per fortnight.
6486 Research Planning PG OR
(10383 GIS in Health G AND 10384 Advanced Spatial Modelling & Analysis for Health Research G AND 10385 Statistical Analysis of Spatial Data G) OR
Permission from the Unit Convener
Planning a research proposal, use of bibliographic management system, basic statistics.
8260 Research Project in Allied Health PG.
- 379JA Graduate Certificate in Geo-Spatial Health
- HLM201 Master of Applied Clinical Epidemiology (Sport)
- 341JA Master of Counselling
- 959AA Master of Exercise Science
- 163JA Master of Midwifery
- HLM001 Master of Midwifery Practice
- 772AA Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
- 374JA Master of Optometry
- 767AA Master of Pharmacy
- 371JA Master of Speech Pathology