Engineering Project 1 (9587.3)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154320) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (147424) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This subject builds on the core subjects in network and software engineering and draws them together to emphasise the theory and practice of network and software construction. The subject uses a variety of tools and techniques to manage, design, analyse and implement high-quality practical information systems in a project typical of systems that exist in industry, government and small business. Students will be guided to use these tools and techniques within a sound framework of software engineering principles. Project and quality management, and system design and implementation procedures, covered in earlier subjects are expected to be applied with emphasis on proper planning and control. Project management reviews and usability evaluations, design and use of test data and procedures, and provision of high-quality interactive interfaces that are simple to use are expected.
This is stage one of a two-part process which is completed with Engineering Project 2. On successful completion of both these subjects students will be able to:
1. Analyse the target project effectively and efficiently in a team;
2. Determine the project management approach to implement a high-quality practical project;
3. Examine the relations and interrelations among the different components of the project; and
4. Interpret engineering and quality assurance principles in the software and systems development environment.
Students require permission of Convenor. Students need to complete all engineering year 1 to year 3 units.
Second and third year units related to the chosen project area.