Qualitative Research Practice in Health PG (9583.3)
|HECS Bands:||2, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Faculty of Health|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 MR Sunil GEORGE (Ph: ) INTENSIVE 2020 Semester 2 (Ph: ) ONLINE
UC - Canberra, Online
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 (Ph: ) ONLINE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (197249) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (188537) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ONLINE, BRUCE (189248) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (180332) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (180012) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (169955) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ONLINE, BRUCE (169952) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (152026) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ONLINE, BRUCE (154074) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (148730) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ONLINE, BRUCE (148433) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit introduces participants to all stages of qualitative research practice focusing on:
The theoretical underpinnings of qualitative research;
Data collection, analysis, and presentation;
Reflexive thinking; and
Ethical and safety considerations in qualitative research practice.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of theoretical perspectives that guide qualitative research practice;
2. Design a qualitative research project by determining a research question and methodology;
3. Collect, analyse and present qualitative data;
4. Demonstrate reflexivity; and
5. Identify and minimise ethical and safety considerations involving qualitative research practices.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
Online engagement: 45 minute online lecture per week; 30 minutes spent contributing to forums/discussions per week.
- 133JA Graduate Certificate in Health Research
- HLM201 Master of Applied Clinical Epidemiology (Sport)
- 341JA Master of Counselling
- 315JA Master of Diagnostic Pathology
- 135JA Master of Health (Research)
- 362JA Master of Medical Ultrasound
- 134JA Postgraduate Diploma in Health Research
- 253JA Professional Doctorate in Nurse Practitioner (Research)