Management Information Systems (9524.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- UC Term 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, LIFE (159408) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In its most general terms, information systems encompass any interactions between organised data and people. MIS can be the means by which information is transmitted (such as the Internet), the software that displays the information (such as Microsoft Excel), or the systems that manage the data. In this unit, students will learn about the various components of information systems and how to leverage them in business.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Describe the use and function of management information systems;
2. Describe and evaluate information systems development processes and techniques;
3. Identify and evaluate hardware and software requirements for information systems;
4. Evaluate data management technologies; and
5. Explain the security risks associated with management information systems.
150 learning hours in online self-paced mode.
6348 Information Systems in Organisations.
- 182JA Bachelor of Accounting
- 943AA Bachelor of Applied Economics
- 183JA Bachelor of Australian Politics and Public Policy
- 761AA Bachelor of Business Administration
- 285JB Bachelor of Business Studies
- 314JA Bachelor of Business Studies (Event and Tourism Management)(Online)
- 285JA Bachelor of Business Studies (online)
- 762AA Bachelor of Commerce
- 208JA Bachelor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- 279JB Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 279JA Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 184JA Bachelor of Finance
- 368JA Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- 185JA Bachelor of Human Resource Management
- 186JA Bachelor of International Business
- 248JA Bachelor of Justice Studies
- 394AA Bachelor of Management
- 187JA Bachelor of Marketing Management
- 124JA Bachelor of Politics and International Relations
- 210JA Bachelor of Public Administration
- NPSC01 Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Laws
- 836AA Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Laws
- 330JA Bachelor of Secondary Education (Health and Physical Education)
- 328JA Bachelor of Secondary Education/Bachelor of Science
- 188JA Bachelor of Social Science