Public Management PG (9508.2)
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra School of Politics, Economics and Society|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2017, EVENING, BRUCE (166971) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, EVENING, BRUCE (154469) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, EVENING, BRUCE (147666) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will enhance student's knowledge in relation to public management within a rapidly changing environment. It will cover the role of the state and the public sector and the key issues in public management in the reform era. The unit will explore both Australian and international experiences of public sector reform to better understand the importance and process of managing change in practice. The challenges and impacts of the changing environment on different management processes, public service relationships and accountability will also be explored.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Compare and contrast the theories, principles and concepts underpinning models of public management, and evaluate the practical implications of applying different models;
2. Evaluate how the public sector is influenced by the economic and political environment in Australian and internationally;
3. Demonstrate the relevance of the agendas and processes involved in the reform of Australian and overseas public sectors; and
4. Critically analyse the core issues in public management and how they affect relationships, values and practice in the public sector.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2017
- Blended Delivery Requiring On-Campus Attendance on Evenings (EVENING)
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 1, 2015
- Semester 1, 2017
At least 39 hours of classroom and structured learning per semester.