Management Information Systems G (9503.2)
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2021 Semester 2 DR Blooma JOHN (Ph: +61 2 62012391 ) EVENING
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's and or the ACT Government’s directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, EVENING, BRUCE (195786) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, EVENING, BRUCE (185572) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, EVENING, BRUCE (181961) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (181965) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, EVENING, BRUCE (167474) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (171227) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, EVENING, BRUCE (151344) - View
- UC Term 2, 2016, INTENSIVE, RIM-BHUTAN (155863) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, EVENING, BRUCE (154942) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, EVENING, BRUCE (139692) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, EVENING, BRUCE (146584) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Data, information and knowledge management are core to the operation and management of modern organisations. This unit will examine the nature and value of a range of typical management information systems and consider how they are described, developed, structured and used. It will consider theories in information, knowledge and representation. Underlying themes in the unit will be innovation, managing change and IT and business alignment.
This unit may be cotaught with 6348 Information Systems in Organisations.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Recognise the value and risks of information systems for all levels of management;
2. Assess and evaluate development innovations, processes and techniques;
3. Use their skills and language to interact effectively with an IT department; and
4. Develop a business case and produce high level requirements for information systems.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 1, 2018
3 hours per week.
6348 Information Systems in Organisations.
6675 Information Systems in Organisations G.
- 844AA Graduate Diploma in Business Informatics
- 843AA Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- 309JA Master of Business Informatics
- 284JA Master of Business Management
- 284JB Master of Business Management (Bhutan)
- ITM001 Master of Data Science
- 846AA Master of Information Technology
- 973AA Master of Information Technology and Systems