Human Behaviour in Organisations G (9502.3)
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Business, Government & Law|
|Discipline:||Canberra Business School|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Summer Semester MR Dawa WANGCHUK (Ph: ) INTENSIVE 2020 Semester 2 DR Marjan ASLAN (Ph: +61 2 62012136 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
As a result of the Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, you may find that learning activities and/or assessment items in some units you are studying have changed. These changes will not be updated in the published Unit Outline but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. The new learning activities and/or assessment items will continue to meet the unit's learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
New learning activities and/or assessment items are available on your unit's UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Please contact your Unit Convener with any questions.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (198150) - View
- Summer Semester, 2019/20, INTENSIVE, BRUCE (198675) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (190368) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, EVENING, BRUCE (179483) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, EVENING, BRUCE (178200) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, EVENING, BRUCE (167471) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, EVENING, BRUCE (167116) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, EVENING, BRUCE (151343) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, EVENING, BRUCE (154941) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, EVENING, BRUCE (139690) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, EVENING, BRUCE (146583) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Human Behaviour in Organisations is concerned with the application of organisational behavioural principles, research methods and intervention strategies to practical problems of organisations and employees and workgroups around the world. An ability to apply these principles are important because employees around the world are increasingly likely to interact with people from different backgrounds and in different group settings. If not managed properly, such diversity can create problems in the workplace and impeded work processes.
This unit will enable you to acquire a conceptual understanding of organisational theories and research methodologies. In addition, you will develop the skills to apply these concepts to develop an evidence-based intervention plan.
After successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse fundamental organisational behavioural concepts and theories.
2. Identify and assess a specific workgroup problem/conflict and apply fundamental organisational behaviour concepts to solve the issue.
3. Propose an evidence-based intervention plan.
4. Work independently, and as a team, and apply negotiating abilities with group members.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Summer Semester, 2019/20
3 hours of class contact per week.
9068 Management Theory and Practice PG.
- 299JA Graduate Certificate in Business
- MGG101 Graduate Diploma in Business
- 845AA Master of Business Informatics
- 284JA Master of Business Management
- 284JB Master of Business Management (Bhutan)
- MGM201 Master of Human Resource Management
- MGM401 Master of International Business
- MGM301 Master of Marketing Management
- 371JA Master of Speech Pathology