Corporate Communication (9492.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication and Media|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178693) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165121) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (162458) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (141012) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit offers students the opportunity to discuss and critically analyse the nature, value and approaches of effective corporate communication locally and globally and its role in enhancing corporate image, identity and reputation. The unit explores the theories and issues surrounding the role of public relations in corporate strategy and relations, international corporate relations, organisational communication, stakeholder engagement and community relations, corporate social responsibility and reputation management.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand the principles of corporate communication and its global role in the theoretical and practical landscape of public relations, and be able to express this understanding clearly through oral and written communication;
2. Identify, analyse and articulate the critical role of corporate communication within cultural, political and social contexts; and
3. Demonstrate a capacity to work independently and with others, to understand and respect diverse opinions and to incorporate this understanding into oral and written work.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2018
Semester 2, 2017
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 2, 2016
- 224JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 233JA Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 214JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 291JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 228JA Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations/Bachelor of Laws