Arts and Design Honours Symposium H (9489.3)
|Level:||Undergraduate Honours Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Arts and Communications|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Bethaney TURNER (Ph: +61 2 62015732 ) ON-CAMPUS
UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 Dr John DAHLSEN (Ph: ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (194257) - View
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (194258) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (191096) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (176498) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176499) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (171271) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166667) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154182) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145432) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is intended to complement students Honours dissertation research. By looking at a range of exemplars of research from a wide variety of fields, students will examine some of the fundamental issues of objectivity, subjectivity, reflexivity, ethics and rhetoric involved in producing knowledge through research. Research may include creative practice. Questions to be examined include: What sorts of knowledge can research produce? What issues of ethics and power are raised by different forms of research? What are the different ways in which research can be communicated, and what sorts of epistemological and ethical consequences do those ways involve? As part of this unit, students will also participate in an Honours mini-conference, at which they will present a substantial research proposal.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate a critical understanding of key differences and continuities between different areas of research and creative practice;
2. Be an effective member of a research community; and
3. Write and present an effective research proposal.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- UC - TAFE Queensland, South Bank
3 hours per week.
Students must be enrolled in 298JA Bachelor of Arts and Design (Honours) OR 355JA Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (Honours) OR 922AA Bachelor of Arts (Honours).
8899 Arts and Design Honours Symposium H.