Materials in Heritage Conservation (9477.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
Band 2 2013-2020 (Expires 31 Dec 2020) Band 2 2021 (Commenced After 1 Jan 2021) Band 3 2021 (Commenced Before 1 Jan 2021)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Creative and Cultural Practice|
CLOSED FOR FUTURE ENROLMENT.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (176310) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (166666) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154168) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145377) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit develops the students understanding of the structure and properties of the materials found in heritage objects. It explores the theory of change in materials, including qualitative and quantitative assessments and observations of stability, deterioration and damage.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to carry out a range of observations and techniques, and the use of a variety of laboratory equipment;
2. Assess, predict and record the behaviour of heritage materials in response to changing environments.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of materials used in the manufacture of heritage artefacts and structures; and
4. Demonstrate through practical exercises on cultural heritage materials an understanding of the techniques involved in the conservation of cultural heritage materials.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
3 hours per week
8490 Conservation Theory and Practice 2
8944 Materials in Heritage Conservation
8490 Conservation Theory and Practice 2 8944 Materials in Heritage Conservation