Network Architecture (9428.3)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science and Technology|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Technology|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, GBCA-MELB (183384) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182205) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, GBCA-MELB (173859) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (170022) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, UC-MELB (151641) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (151640) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (146765) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit aims towards developing an understanding of the process of architecting computer and communication networks. This will be achieved through bridging the gap between theoretical and practical aspects and learning the step-by-step procedures of network analysis, architecture, and design. Students will learn about the fundamental relationships between major building blocks required in a successfully architected network. Case studies will include national networks (e.g., NBN) and enterprise networks (e.g., campus). Guest lectures and group projects with hands-on laboratories will be used for enhancing student-learning experience.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Disseminate knowledge, ideas and opinions effectively and professionally;
2. Competently identify, analyse and formulate the requirements for a network design;
3. Demonstrate the understanding to evaluate architectural design and components that best meet the requirements;
4. Plan the process of architecting a networking system and use interpersonal skills to work collaboratively; and
5. Develop a broad design of network systems for specific real life deployment scenarios.
- UC - Canberra, Bruce
- UC - Global Business College of Australia, Melbourne