Working with Communities (9426.2)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|HECS Bands:||1, 4|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Education|
|Discipline:||Academic Program Area - Education|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Sandra HEANEY-MUSTAFA (Ph: +61 2 62015387 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (186862) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (182626) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (165928) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154729) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146195) - View
- Semester 1, 2014, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (135054) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit will extend and apply the understandings of community development principles and practice by examining in community contexts a range of activities to promote positive social change. Such activities include but are not limited to information gathering, awareness raising, advocacy, self-help, networking, and service and resource provision.
On successful completion of this unit, students will demonstrate the ability to:
1. develop an assets profile of a community;
2. identify methods of influencing policy and decision makers;
3. engage in and facilitate a range of activities directed at fostering community agendas for positive change.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
3 hours per week.
Must have passed units 9274 Advocacy for Change OR
5784 Community Development Principles and Practice OR
Permission of unit convener.
Students who have completed unit 6874 Community Work cannot enrol in this unit.
6874 Community Work.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 793AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies
- 120JA Bachelor of Arts in Landscape
- 798AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 799AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Information Technology
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 110JA Bachelor of Education (UC)/Bachelor of Asia-Pacific Studies (ANU)
- 109JA Bachelor of Education (UC)/Bachelor of Science (ANU)
- 111JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Arts
- 115JA Bachelor of Education/Bachelor of Science
- 205JA Bachelor of Educational Studies
- 392AB Bachelor of Science
- 150JA Bachelor of Social and Community Studies