Sports Studies Honours Research H (Part B) FT (9418.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate Honours Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 2 DR Brad CLARK (Ph: +61 2 62068882 ) RESEARCH
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2020, RESEARCH, BRUCE (196436) - View
- Semester 2, 2019, RESEARCH, BRUCE (188441) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, RESEARCH, BRUCE (180236) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, RESEARCH, BRUCE (164391) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, RESEARCH, BRUCE (151242) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, RESEARCH, BRUCE (139499) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit is designed to strengthen student research knowledge, and research skills through supervised independent study and research work. The aim is to induct groups of students into a rich research culture.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Source and critically appraise research in an identified Sports Studies research field;
2. Design and execute a research project to a standard acceptable to their field of study;
3. Undertake an independent analysis of data relating their research project to existing literature and a wider societal relevance; and
4. Communicate the results of an independent research project in a form acceptable to the field of study.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2020
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
Must have passed units 9416 Research methods in Exercise and Sport H AND
9417 Sport Studies Honours Research H (Part A)