Dispensary and Logistics G (9404.1)
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Pharmacy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 DR Sam KOSARI (Ph: +61 2 62012158 ) ON-CAMPUS 2020 Semester 1 DR Sam KOSARI (Ph: +61 2 62012158 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189168) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179920) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164044) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154574) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (145277) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit examines the science and art involved in dispensary skills required as a pharmacist to efficiently supply medicines. Safety and quality issues that impact on the production of different extemporaneous dose forms will be introduced. Other aspects of dispensing procedures including dispensary operations, privacy and communication with prescribers will be practiced. Practical classes developing extemporaneous dispensing skills will facilitate the progression from theory to practice.
This unit is taught in combination with 8998 Dispensary and Logistics.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Dispense simple and complex extemporaneous and non-extemporaneous medicines;
2. Explain the principles of privacy applicable to pharmacy operations;
3. Compound a range of simple and complex dose forms;
4. Communicate professionally with prescribers to independently resolve issues with prescriptions; and
5. Integrate current published research with taught material.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 1, 2015
1.5 hour lecture, 1 hour tutorial and 3 hour practical classes
9405 Pharmacy Practice 1 G
Undergraduate chemistry; Undergraduate biology.
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed undergraduate unit 8998 Dispensary and Logistics.