Design for Dynamic Data (9394.3)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||School of Design and the Built Environment|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (191283) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ONLINE, BRUCE (178783) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, TQB-SB (178359) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (178361) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164713) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (162316) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (139677) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The Application Programming Interface (API) has become a constant on todays web. Services such as Twitter, FaceBook, YouTube, Flickr, Gmail, Wordpress and Tumblr all offer access through their well documented APIs. This unit focuses on the creative cultural opportunities afforded by the advent of APIs. Students work with a variety of APIs to develop innovative web applications, and employ appropriate development and evaluation methodologies for their context.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Design and develop a web application using one or more dynamic APIs;
2. Identify, analyse and adapt appropriate design conventions;
3. Identify and implement coding frameworks;
4. Identify and apply appropriate development and testing methodologies; and
5. Document design and development processes and outcomes.
Web design knowledge and expertise. Knowledge of graphic design and expertise with design software.