Cardio-Pulmonary Conditions and Rehabilitation (9381.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 PROF Stuart SEMPLE (Ph: +61 2 62012855 ) ON-CAMPUS 2021 Semester 1 PROF Stuart SEMPLE (Ph: +61 2 62012855 ) ON-CAMPUS
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2020, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (193212) - View
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189176) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179928) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (164051) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154591) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (148046) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit aims to develop the knowledge necessary for effective assessment and treatment of patients with disorders of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems. Students will evaluate the pathophysiology of cardiovascular and pulmonary disease and exam the role of exercise and rehabilitation in the management of these conditions.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the pathophysiology of common cardiovascular and pulmonary disorders;
2. Describe the general principles of pharmacology and the effects that common cardiac and pulmonary medications have on heart rate, blood pressure and exercise responses; and
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the appropriate selection, safe implementation and delivery of appropriate assessments and exercise based rehabilitation interventions for cardiovascular/pulmonary disorders.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2020
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 1, 2015
6 hours per week plus 20 hours of ECG practical in Orientation week.
6839 Sports Medicine AND 8279 Advanced Functional Anatomy.
Enrolment in the Bachelor of Exercise Physiology & Rehabilitation, 266JA.