Strategic Sport Management (9375.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 2 MR Stirling SHARPE (Ph: +61 2 62012986 ) FLEXIBLE
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (188443) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (180238) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164396) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (150658) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (140978) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
Provides students with a comprehensive knowledge of practical application of sport management principles, including strategic sport management, organisational structures, human resource management, leadership, organisational cultures, governance and performance management. These principles and their application are contextualised within a discussion of the role of the state, non-profit management and professional sport.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand frameworks used in strategic planning in sport organisations;
2. Understand strategic management principles and concepts in sport organisations;
3. Understand ethical, environmental, stakeholder and technological issues impacting on the strategic management in sport organisations; and
4. Understand the structure and implications of industrial relations issues and how they affect Australian sport.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
3 hours per week.
Restrictions: This unit is not open to students who have passed 7140 Industrial Relations in Sport.
This unit is equivalent to the existing unit 7140 Industrial Relations in Sport.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 282JA Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management/Bachelor of Sports Management
- HLMG01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Sports Management
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies
- 155JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Sports Management
- 278JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Sports Management
- 688HG Bachelor of Sports Management
- 688AA Bachelor of Sports Management
- MGMG01 Bachelor of Sports Management/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 898AA Bachelor of Tourism Management / Bachelor of Sports Management