Sport Business (9367.1)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (188447) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (180242) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164400) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (151880) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (140672) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit is designed to introduce students to the varying aspects of corporate involvement in sport in its national and international forms, to determine the relationship between corporate groups and sports organisations and to examine the potential for growth within the corporate approach to sport. The unit also familiarises students with the nature and purpose of political processes at various levels of physical activity from recreational to international sport. Subjects for discussion include the use of sport as a political vehicle, the role of sport in uniting or dividing communities under stress, and the significance of sport to the public image of political leaders.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Explain the major catalysts responsible for the commodification of Australian sport;
2. Communicate the similarities and differences between the commercialisation of Australian sport and international sport;
3. Demonstrate an awareness of a variety of ways in which sport and politics intersect; and
4. Contribute to public debates about the politics of sport in modern societies.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
3 hours per week.
7977 Business, Politics and Sport.
7977 Business, Politics and Sport.
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 987AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Journalism
- 988AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Media Arts and Production
- 989AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Public Relations
- 125JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies
- 216JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 217JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Journalism
- 218JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Media and Public Affairs
- 219JA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Communication in Public Relations
- 801AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws
- 802AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Management
- 804AA Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- 762HG Bachelor of Commerce
- 282JA Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management/Bachelor of Sports Management
- HLMG01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Sports Management
- 248HG Bachelor of Justice Studies
- 155JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Sports Management
- 278JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Sports Management
- 688HG Bachelor of Sports Management
- 688AA Bachelor of Sports Management
- MGMG01 Bachelor of Sports Management/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 689AA Bachelor of Sports Media
- 837AA Bachelor of Sports Media/Bachelor of Laws
- 898AA Bachelor of Tourism Management / Bachelor of Sports Management