High Performance Sport Management (9366.1)
|Level:||Level 2 - Undergraduate Intermediate Unit|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Sport and Exercise Science|
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 2, 2019, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (188445) - View
- Semester 2, 2018, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (180240) - View
- Semester 2, 2017, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (164398) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (151381) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, HG-WAV (139770) - View
- Semester 2, 2015, FLEXIBLE, BRUCE (139769) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
The unit draws on the expertise of leading academics and practitioners within the field, in order to examine the issues faced by those delivering: a) world class; b) national level; and c) professional sports programmes. Designed and delivered by staff with firsthand experience of elite sport, the unit utilises links with the AIS, Brumbies, Canberra Capitals and other organisations to deliver material that is relevant, challenging and highly applied in its focus. Particular attention will be devoted to identifying contemporary issues in high performance sport, assessing their relevance and impact, and developing evidence-based approaches to ensure 'high performance'.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Understand, identify and contextualise the unique challenges and demands of the high performance sport environment;
2. Critically evaluate the systems and processes used to deliver high performance sport; and
3. Demonstrate a critical understanding of how contemporary research may be used to support high performance sport, both at present and in the future.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 2, 2019
- Semester 2, 2018
- Semester 2, 2017
- Semester 2, 2016
- Semester 2, 2015
- UC Melbourne - Waverley Campus
3 hours per week.
8389 Introduction to Exercise Science.
- 282JA Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management/Bachelor of Sports Management
- HLMG01 Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Sports Management
- 155JA Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Sports Management
- 278JA Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science/Bachelor of Sports Management
- 688AA Bachelor of Sports Management
- MGMG01 Bachelor of Sports Management/ Bachelor of Event and Tourism Management
- 689AA Bachelor of Sports Media
- 898AA Bachelor of Tourism Management / Bachelor of Sports Management