Introduction to Physiotherapy (9304.1)
|Level:||Undergraduate First Year Level|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Physiotherapy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2019 Semester 1 MR Richie TALBOT (Ph: +61 2 62068455 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189143) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179897) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (163994) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (154079) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (146218) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit introduces the student to the theories, research and scope of practice of physiotherapy.
This unit introduces the therapeutic relationship and the biopsychosocial models of injury.
Simple assessment and therapies for injury and dysfunction are introduced. The unit emphasises the phases of injury, inflammation and tissue healing as a framework for choosing and applying therapies.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. explain injury and dysfunction in terms of problems and principles for management;
2. demonstrate an understanding of musculoskeletal injury and the stages of healing and be able to explain these in scientific as well as lay terms;
3. select and apply appropriate management for a simple acute injury, such as rest, ice, compression and elevation;
4. select and apply simple and appropriate management for a chronic injury, such as massage and stretching;
5. demonstrate manual skills necessary for simple injury management, such as manual handling, palpation skills and safety;
6. explain and demonstrate respect for client care and dignity, cultural sensitivity, consent and communication skills.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Semester 1, 2019
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 1, 2016
- Semester 1, 2015
Enrolment in 202JA Bachelor of Physiotherapy And 6534 Regional Anatomy and Physiology.