Food Service Management Practicum PG (9299.2)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Practice 1 DR Jane KELLETT (Ph: +61 2 62012507 ) INTERNPLCE 2021 Practice 1 DR Jane KELLETT (Ph: +61 2 62012507 ) INTERNPLCE
Possible changes to your unit's learning activities and assessment items
For the remainder of 2020, resulting from Australian Government's directives requiring physical distancing and restrictions on movement because of the COVID-19 pandemic, any exams that are required for assessment in a unit will be online exams. Online exams may also use online proctoring to help assure the academic integrity of those exams. Please contact your unit convener with any questions.
While the University has made efforts to ensure that Unit Outlines reflect a unit’s learning activities and assessment items, any changes to Australian Government directives because of the COVID-19 pandemic may require changes to these during the semester to ensure the safety and well being of students and staff. These changes will not be updated in the published unit outline, but will be communicated to you via your unit’s UCLearn(Canvas) teaching site. Any changes made will continue to meet the unit’s learning outcomes, as described in the Unit Outline.
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Practice 1, 2020, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (197141) - View
- Practice 1, 2019, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (191808) - View
- UC Trimester 1, 2018, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (180801) - View
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 1, 2017, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (171395) - View
- Semester 2, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (151847) - View
- Winter Term, 2016, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (152360) - View
- Winter Term, 2015, INTERNPLCE, BRUCE (141087) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
This unit provides professional placement experiences in food service environments including health and care settings (e.g. hospitals and nursing homes) and other commercial food service facilities. Students will be given the opportunity to participate in a quality improvement project.
On successful completion of this unit students will have demonstrated professional competence related to the food service context as described by the DAA 2015 National Competency Standards for Dietitians in Australia.
On completion of this unit, students will have gained practical experience in a variety of settings and will be able to:
1. Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to critically evaluate the provision and management of food services in a health care setting;
2. Demonstrate a sound knowledge and application of the principles and practice of food service delivery and management in a health care setting, including menu planning, recipe standardisation, quality and portion control, human resources and financial management;
3. Use food legislation, regulations and standards to develop, implement and evaluate food systems to main food safety; and
4. Demonstrate professionalism, evidence-based practice and effective communication skills in food service settings.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
- Practice 1, 2020
- Practice 1, 2019
- UC Trimester 1, 2018
- Flexible and Self Paced Period 1, 2017
Students are required to complete a minimum of 4 weeks (full-time) of professional placements in the food service setting.
8660 Food Service Management PG
8662 Food Service Practicum PG (6cp)