Pharmacy Honours - Preparatory (9123.1)
|Level:||Level 4 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Health|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Pharmacy|
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Year Teaching Period Convener Mode of Delivery 2020 Semester 1 DR Kwang Choon YEE (Ph: +61 2 62015955 ) ON-CAMPUS
To view your Unit Outline, click View to log in to MyUC and access this information, or visit your unit's online teaching site.
- Semester 1, 2019, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (189194) - View
- Semester 1, 2018, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (179945) - View
- Semester 1, 2017, ON-CAMPUS, BRUCE (170368) - View
- Semester 1, 2016, RESEARCH, BRUCE (154641) - View
- Semester 1, 2015, RESEARCH, BRUCE (146966) - View
If a link to your Unit Outline is not displayed, please check back later. Unit Outlines are generally published by Week One of the relevant teaching period.
In this unit students will commence an individual supervised research project in pharmacy comprising topic identification and definition and background literature review. The project will be conducted within appropriate ethical guidelines and the topic will reflect the mutual interests of supervisor and student.
On completion of this unit, students will be able to:
1. Identify a research project acceptable to the pharmacy profession;
2. Engage with a project supervisor; and
3. Prepare a background literature review on the topic.
UC - Canberra, Bruce
Semester 1, 2019
On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Assessment task 1: Literature search plan (0%; Type: Formative assessment. The goal of this formative assessment is to monitor student learning to provide early feedback to students to improve their learning. This will help students identify their strengths and weaknesses and target areas that need work, and allow teaching staff to address problems and intervene immediately. )
- Assessment task 2: Background seminar (20% )
- Assessment task 3:Literature review (80% )
- On-Campus Attendance (Expected) and Online Content (ON-CAMPUS)
- Semester 1, 2018
- Semester 1, 2017
- Semester 1, 2016
Semester 1, 2015
- Assessment task 1: Engage with project supervisor ( (0%) )
- Assessment task 2: Identify project topic ( 0% )
- Assessment task 3: Literature search plan ( 10% )
- Assessment task 4: Draft Literature review ( 70% )
- Assessment task 5: Background seminar ( 20% )
- Research (RESEARCH)
- Semester 1, 2019
1 hour per week drop-in session with Unit Convener. Students will be expected to maintain regular contact with their project supervisor.
9001 Evidence Based Medicine 2.
A student seeking admission to the Honours program must obtain course convener approval and must achieve a GPA of 5.5 and maintain at least a credit average in all Bachelor of Pharmacy units undertaken at the University of Canberra in accordance with the Pharmacy Honours Policy and Guide.
9005 Systems Pharmacology 1, 9003 Clinical Therapeutics 1, 9004 Pharmacy Practice 1.