Advertising Project (9116.2)
|Level:||Level 3 - Undergraduate Advanced Unit|
|HECS Bands:||2, 3|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Arts and Design|
|Discipline:||Discipline of Communication|
An integrative learning experience using the advertising concepts and processes to which students will be exposed through their course.
This main focus is on the important role that advertising plays for an organization and how to make the maximum use of advertising in assisting organizations in achieving their objectives and goals.
Students will have to develop an advertising campaign/project for a case.
After successfully completing this subject, the students will understand how advertising campaigns are created, managed and evaluated. In particular, students will be able to:
1. analyze advertising techniques and apply these to a variety of contexts and different issues (e.g. product/service/ideas);
2. integrate various sources of information such as research, media planning and creative resources to efficiently plan a campaign;
3. design an effective integrated advertising campaign;
4. understand what is needed and professionally present advertising campaign strategies to the client;
5. learn to work effectively in teams/groups to analyze and prepare presentations.
Completion of 48 credit points of study
Enrolment in one of the following courses: Bachelor of Communication in Advertising and all related double degrees. Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication and all related double degrees.
Basic concepts in marketing communications and advertising
- 981AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 995AA Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication / Bachelor of Laws
- 999AA Bachelor of Applied Economics / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 986AA Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 990AA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 221JA Bachelor of Arts in International Studies/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising
- 100JA Bachelor of Commerce / Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 225JA Bachelor of Communication in Advertising/Bachelor of Laws
- 181JA Bachelor of Graphic Design/Bachelor of Advertising and Marketing Communication
- 220JA Bachelor of Graphic Design/Bachelor of Communication in Advertising